Re: [OM] your favorite lenses???

Subject: Re: [OM] your favorite lenses???
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:31:54 -0800
Hello Dane,

I think you will find that the differences between the various lenses is, in
reality, very minor. Buy the lens that best suits your needs. If you don't need
the faster aperture you will be more than happy with the f2.8 for example. It
will also cost you less, be more compact and lighter weight, and take a smaller
filter, all benefits for someone who is doing landscapes.

Jim Couch

dane skye wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I am trying to decide which lenses to buy/which are the "good ones".  After
> doing some research I have to admit a little confusion.  I have read the
> Gary Reese lens tests, but wanted input from people in the field.  I mostly
> shoot outdoors/landscapes/nature.
>
> For example, I want a 24mm- is the Zuiko 2.8 or 2 the way to go?  The Reese
> tests make it look like the 2.8 is the one, but a local guy said the 2 was
> the better in the 24 and 35mm lengths and the 2.8 was as good in the 28.
> The Reese tests leave me with the 24/2.8 and 28/2 as the better.  see what I
> mean.
>
> Anyway, if you have an opinion you would like to share, I would be
> appreciative.
>
> Thanks!!!!

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA