Re: [OM] To G, or not to G....

Subject: Re: [OM] To G, or not to G....
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:24:25 +0000
At 03:37 2/13/01, Rudy asked:
Now I am confused - I thought the sudden stop brought the OM PC
back to life from the empire of the undeaths ;-)
Does this mean I can smash the lens with the broken rear element against
a wall and get a healthy nice lens back ??

**clonc** .. splinter - cool, anyone wants a nice hand full of glas-diamonts ?

Ummmm . . . this would require a negative entropy and that cannot happen in our universe as we know it. Entropy can only be decreased within a limited region if there is a greater increase of it elsewhere.

Thus, when Chris was able to create a negative entropy within the limited region of the inside of his OM-PC, this resulted in your flinging your lens into a wall at high speed and the greater entropy of the shattered rear element. *How* the overall entropy increases matters not, just that it somehow must. Therefore, you can blame Chris for the utter destruction of your lens by him having fixed his OM-PC.

Hey, I have a couple covered bridges for sale too . . . with new roofing and siding . . . "cash and carry" terms only (i.e. FOB their current locations). Bring a BIG truck.

-- John
Chairman, Department of Entropy
(Our goal:  To increase general confusion about entropy.)
Mad Scientists of America