Re: [OM] A Flatbed Question

Subject: Re: [OM] A Flatbed Question
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:41:11 +0800
Self modification of own scanner is very difficult, it is better to
buy another good one. But the noise of cheap scanner increases very
fast with time of use, it is very obvious with my UMAX 1220 (for
slides). I think it is very possible for a chip like CCD to have 20C
temp rise or even more after half an hour of operation, the
environment temp inside the flatbed will be raised by the fluorescence
tube and other power circuits too.

If my calculation is right a 4 times improvement is equal to a D-range
of around 0.6, it is a huge improvement.

C.H.Ling