Re: [OM] Re: your mail

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: your mail
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:38:13 -0500
Sometimes the rewind release knob (button on front of camera that you turn
before rewinding film)  does not return to the wind position.  If the
sprocket turns freely (toothed black tube to the left of the take-up spool)
, check the rewind release knob.  If it is in the normal position, then
there is a problem.   Take-up spool has a clutch in it so it can turn at
different rates as it fills up with film.
One customer loaded the inside of the spool up with epoxy so it couldn't
turn freely ("There, that awda do it")  The first roll of film through the
camera shredded the sprockets.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000