[OM] 35RD

Subject: [OM] 35RD
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:25:20 -0000
This isn't OM, but I don't think it's OT, apologies if it is.....

I've got a used 35RD from Jaap's excellent www.Wide-Angle.nl (as
keen-eyed readers of my other mail might deduce :-) ) and I've got a
little question.

Some info sources say that the lens cap works as the off-switch for
the camera. Does anybody know how it does this? Is it some sort of
electrical contact made by the original cap, which is a metal
push-over jobbie? Can't see any circuits it might make or break.  Or
is it because it plunges the meter cell into darkness? Or something
else?

The instruction manual makes no mention of it.

I ask because the original cap is a loose fit and tends to fall off. A
newer plastic cap is not so authentic, but at least it stays put. And
it's important because the RD takes PX625's which might not be
available once this one dies.

Cheers
John

(Caught up with the Digests at last. I go for a long weekend in
Bologna - Forza Italia, Nicola! - and come back to dozens of the
things)