RE: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay

Subject: RE: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:57:06 -0600
Used properly, it can increase the chance of getting a price better than
might occur from normal bidding. It has to be done carefully and with a good
knowledge of the market, or it will bite you or be useless.

It looks like the best way to use it is to set an opeing bid for the minimum
reasonable price you expect to get for the item, but  make the "Buy it Now"
price a top of the range number. Someone who really wants to be sure they
get the item might go ahead and bite. The 'reasonable' minimum bid would
discourage someone ruining your "Buy it Now" effort prematurely.

Only for experienced sellers, I would say. Lots of people are short-changing
themselves with 'Buy it Now' prices that are well under market - simply
because they don't know the market.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx