Re: [OM] 35RD

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RD
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:44:09 EST
I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> It's rather more primitive than that.  The light sensor is an
> old-fashioned light-dependent resistor, which has a very high resistance
> (several megohms) in darkness and much lower resistance (a couple of
> hundred ohms, IIRC) in bright sunlight.  Putting the cap on doesn't
> really switch off completely, but reduces the current drain to something
> very very small.

Now we'll start seeing these "electrical funnels" on eBay.
"Get your genn-uuuine battery-saving electrical funnel / trap to compliment
your light funnels. These funnel / traps will keep your battery strong!
'Buy it Now' for only $34.95! Generic (not as strong a trap) available for
$24.95!"

George S.