Re: [OM] RE: Olympus Question

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Olympus Question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 07:06:05 EST
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> FYI,
> I received this from Len Rapaport (MTI Group).  I have purchased items from
> him in the past and he has been excellent.  Thought this might be of
> interest to some (George S.?)
>
> Brian P. Huber

Very intersting, Brian. I had forgotten that Olympus actually did produce the
24mm AF and not merely "announce" its coming. But there it is, in the Shipman
book- (1989 edition, page #81). I have toyed with the OM-77s a bit, but
cannot recall ever seeing a 24mm for sale. It is the same size and weight as
the 28mm AF. Also interesting is that they're apparently truly 'new' '. It's
too bad you can't use an Olympus AF lens on a manual focus body. Could have
been a cheap but quality (relatively) way to get someone to 24mm. (You can
use a MF Zuiko on the AF OM-77 (707) )

Regards,
George S.