[OM] Olympus Om 35-105 lens

Subject: [OM] Olympus Om 35-105 lens
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:08:45 -0000
HI All,
          Interesting that questions are being asked regarding the Olympus
35/105mm F3.5/4.5 lens.  I went into my local camera shop to pick up a Benbo
Trekker tripod. The owner mentioned that while changing his window display
he discovered that a lens hidden at the back of a shelf - which he had
labelled as Kiron? was actually an Olympus 35/105 zoom lens.He was prepared
to sell at the original price of  £50 / $75. Cosmetic condition of lens is
mint - with just a tiny nick on outside of filter ring. There is however, a
small scratch about 2mm long 3or 4mm in from the outer edge. this scratch
basically underlines the "O" in Olympus. Initially the aperture ring felt
grungy but feels far smoother after a few turns. I was unsure about this
lens...I have spent FAR too much on camera equipment recently!
        However I was offered the lens to try for a fortnight to try out
after which I pay or return the lens.
  Does this lens seem good value for money? Is the small scratch likely to
affect performance ? I assume that the odd feel to the aperture ring was
caused by lack of use, it seems fine now. Diaphram works fine, no oil on
blades etc.  Any advice gratefully recieved...
                                       Regards, John Duggan      Wales
U.K.