RE: [OM] DF Hall of Fame

Subject: RE: [OM] DF Hall of Fame
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:31:49 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, James N. McBride wrote:

> I'm relatively new to this list and there are others even newer. It is
> important that we "newcomers" understand the significance of what Doris Fang
> did to establish this reputation of "great dealism." So, oldtimers, share up
> with the info here.  Please.  Hell, I might have to deal with her sometime.

 Hi,  James...this is the Low Priestess of the Zuiko cult. Must we really
stoop to 'evidence' ? Is legend NOT enough ? People are so literal these
days :). Sheesh.

  Oh, ye of little faith...(Whatever happened to HUMBLE newbies ???)

  A few of my deals (which frankly, are beginning to look puny compared
to that 35-80 steal, which, BTW, has not arrived yet for certification...)

NIB, unused, unopened Winder II, $5... My recent acquisition of a new
Stylus Epic (the gold version) NIB ---from the store--- for $29.99 plus
tax, gave away as gift...OM-3 + T-32 + 24/2.8MC + 135/2.8 + 35-105 + 200/4
(all LN and in a huge Tamrac) for $250...28/2.8 and 50/1.8 for $10
(LNIB)...Nikon stuff galore...lots of Canon (a few weeks ago, got a NIB
Rebel, w/35-80 lens for $20, which I promptly gave away as a gift). I
could go on, but you get the idea.
  As to dealing with me...I only seem to buy (confirmed Zuikhotic) and am
fair about prices, as several listmembers can attest. I understand there
are many price 'domains', including 'new' and when that OM - OM - OM
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                (To the tune of the Zoom-Zoom Mazda ad...)
 urge wells up, well... resistance is futile. Thank God I love the small
Zuikos...
I get almost all my deals from garage sales, some from ads I place at
nearby colleges and universities that have photo-courses. I have gotten
what I consider mighty decent deals right on this list, including an OMPC
that has withstood abuse that I'd never have put my OM-3's through.
 No matter what the price or item, if I detect the slightest bad vibe
about the stuff and/or the person, I walk away.

                                         *= Doris Fang =*