Re: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:03:06 +0800
Gary Reese wrote:

> C.H.:
>
> << How can a camera shop have no idea on the original price of camera
> equipment? >>
>
> C.H., you are probably smarter about the Olympus OM System than most
> store employees and owners anywhere in the world.

Yes, and I think you and many of the list member here are.

> Many, many USA retail stores threw out their old price guides and dealer
> manuals years ago because the boss wanted the place to look tidy. I'm
> not making that up because I've asked for them over and over again and
> that is the #1 reason I hear for them not having anything. Those few
> that still keep them on hand do so to identify used equipment.

I know it always happen in the US that some didn't know very well
about some camera equipment price (as I heard from your guy) but just
a bit hard to understand how they can throw away price list if they
are selling used equipment. They are the professional, the true
professional that rely it for living. Every bit of price or marketing
information is very important to them. Even the Pawn shops here (they
sell very few cameras, mainly watches) know the price very well, it is
very difficult to find any DF deal.

C.H.Ling