Re: [OM] Olympus Om 35-105 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Om 35-105 lens
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:46:51 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, John Duggan wrote:

>         However I was offered the lens to try for a fortnight to try out
> after which I pay or return the lens.

  Take them up on it t-o-d-a-y.

>   Does this lens seem good value for money?

  More like larceny to me !

> Is the small scratch likely to
> affect performance ?

  No, except for shooting wide open into the sun, something you're not
likely to be doing. I like the 35-105 a lot for landscape use. At f/11
or so it's very sharp. It's a little on the large side, but I tend to use
mine tripoded most of the time. Check out Gary's tests. Get the shade for
it.

>I assume that the odd feel to the aperture ring was
> caused by lack of use, it seems fine now. Diaphram works fine, no oil on
> blades etc.  Any advice gratefully recieved...

   BUY IT !

                  *= Doris Fang =*