Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame

Subject: Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:29:48 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Dirk Wright wrote:

> Doris, you must not be the typical female. I know if I took my wife on these
> sojourns that she'd either buy everything, or browse everything so slowly
> that there's no way we could make more than a couple of stops per hour.

  Maybe I'm atypical, but the realization that 3/4 of the 'finds' are
likely to happen between 6:45 and 8-8:30 has led me to doing this as fast
as humanly possible. After 9 I start slacking, and I'm usually done before
10:30.

She *
> has* to look at everything before she's "done" and gets upset if I drag her
> away before then. She's a "gatherer". Me, I'm more like you in that I go in
> for the kill and drag it to the car as fast as possible. I'm the "hunter" I
> guess. But, it gets hard to go by myself since she feels left out if she
> doesn't get to go. But, she'll sleep until 10 or later on a Saturday. I could
> be done by then...

  You could easily be done by then. You'll still need a navigator, or
maybe you have one of those GPS dealies in your car (a garage-sailor's
dream) ?

...I used to go to hamfests also, which are flea markets
> for ham radio gear, but they usually have all kinds of other stuff there,
> including hifi and cameras.

  HMMMMMM...

 You won't get a steal there, but maybe a good
> deal. Some hamfests have hundreds of tailgaters in addition to the more
> normal indoor booth types. Ever go to hamfests looking for cameras?

  No, I never have, but will keep that in mind. Thanks.

                         *= Doris Fang =*