Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame

Subject: Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:39:49 EST
<<
 Standing on ceremony never accomplishes anything. "Cutting nose off to spite
 face" If you saw a documented authentic legal 250mm f/2 Zuiko offered to you
for
 $50, and you happened to detect the slightest bad "vibe" about the person,
you'd
 walk away?

 "Hmm"
 Larry

 > >  No matter what the price or item, if I detect the slightest bad vibe
 > > about the  person, I walk away.

I might have to still agree with Doris, whether she would walk or not I am
not sure on this one, but if you are superstitious or have a hunch you have
no choice.
Karma is important as well as price sometimes.
If you detect something wrong NO MATTER what it is in life, even if it is too
good to be true, you have to go with gut instincts.
As critters usually above being ambushed by another creature wanting to eat
us, we have become lax.  We trust almost everything.
I always like to think of a "safe" Big Mac sandwich and what if another
animal form could hide a hook and line or something to reel us in within the
sandwich.  After the guy sitting in the next booth suddenly shoots out the
door I think my Big Mac attack would subside quickly and I would be very
suspicious about those 2 all beef patties...
I know some mountain climbers and they make a living on taking super
difficult routes instead of an apparent easier/safer route because of a "gut
feeling."
Those that survive are hard to argue against.
Just my ideas....now where is that 250mm f2 stolen or not!  -kidding!!!!
(eBay and pawn shops especially give me the willies thinking of hot items)
John R