Re: [OM] OM-PC Value Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC Value Question
From: "John Cwiklinski" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:08:03 -0800
Bob Whitmire wrote:
>Seems  the localtrader paper has a listing for an OM-PC at a sacrifice
price of of $150.
>Still, if the camera were in EX or EX+ condition, would that be in the
ball park?

Within the last 6 months I purchased 2 OM-PC's on eBay. The first I paid
$75.00, was listed in 9 of 10 condition and also the eBay ad stated there
was a very minor problem but "..new batteries will solve the problem" (I
should have known better). This camera is currently in John H's hospital
for arthritis (sticky mirror) and hopefully not for leaky bladder (bad
circuits). The second OM-PC was purchased on eBay for $41.00 and was
advertised (by a camera dealer) as a user camera with significant scuffs.
Very honest description. It is very worn cosmetically, but the camera
works perfectly in all modes.

I have only seen a handful of OM-PC's (bodies or with Zuiko 50MM f1.8)
sell on eBay for more than $100.00 and two of these sales actually looked
suspicious (as in the owner and their "friend(s)" were purposely driving
the price up). These are fun to watch. CYA