[OM] aperture rings on Zuiko's

Subject: [OM] aperture rings on Zuiko's
From: "Machiel" <machiel.botman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:11:35 +0100
Hi,

My only question about Zuiko lenses is this:  I find that the aperture ring
often moves poorly.  Reminds me of the days I didn't have enough cash to
have the brakes of my car renewed (metal on metal).  My Zuiko experience
goes no further than the standards, the 40 and some 35 mm lenses.  The
aperture ring on the 40 moves great (I've got 2 here), very light and easy
and different from all the others I've used.  Yesterday I bought a 50/1.2
and even though it looks unused (came in the box)  the aperture ring moves
like s..t, like a train on rusty wheels.
Is it only a question of re-oiling.  For those of you who have used f.i.
Leitz lenses - you know it is such a difference.

Machiel