Re: [OM] Glossy poster

Subject: Re: [OM] Glossy poster
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:24:32 EST
I think the glossy material will give you problems no matter what you try to
soften the flash with- such as with a diffuser. It's my feeling you'd have to
aim the flash (bounce it) completely away from the glossy surface and just
fill the room with light from the flash, assuming the walls aren't very
reflective (glossy) themselves.
If you could, you should take the poster outdoors and not use a flash at all.
But without more info- such as Is the poster in an unmovable position
attached to a wall, or is it in a dark museum-like room, I can't speculate
further.

Best,
George S.