Re: [OM] OM-2s Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s Question
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:46:56 -0600

WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I think that this mean the "Program" part of the metering system. I think the
> system takes a general metering level, shuts it down to some aperture, double
> checks the exposure, sets the shutter speed and then fires the shutter. It
> would have to go through the double check stage because the camera body
> cannot tell the lens to set an exact aperture but can only do so by using the
> aperture stop down mechanism in a specific manner.
>
> This brings up a question I have always though about but never tried out in
> the field. Will the use of non-Zuiko lens somehow cause inaccuracies in the
> actual f stop used per the OM-2S graph? There is a graph somewhere that shows
> what aperture and shutter speed are used in the program mode per a given EV
> level. Would this be different for non-Zuikos?

This is from my book on the OM-2SP by Michael Huber:

"...if zoom lenses are used it could happen that the exposure time
displayed in the viewfinder might differ by as much as the equivalent of
a full aperture stop to the actually used time.  But this should not
present a problem in shapshot photography which, after all, is the main
application of the program mode" (p. 49).

Is this getting at the issue you have in mind?

Joel W.