Re: [OM] OM 2s vs OM PC Program Mode

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2s vs OM PC Program Mode
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 06:55:17 EST
As someone who has 'always' owned Om-10s and an OM-PC, (along with other OM
bodies) I'd like to dispute the 'battery eating' and ' poor reliability'
comments. I've owned 3 PCs and they've all been reliable. Neither were they
battery eaters.

< begin minor rant mode >

I think since we are the OM users and lovers *any* problems are discussed
openly and we run the risk of 'branding' a certain model with a certain
problem even though that problem may not be representative of the line. IMO,
the PC is certainly closer to the 2S than it is to the OM-10. I also think,
to the uneducated, many OMs can be called battery hogs. This usually comes
from someone who has never owned a "modern" AF camera, complete with their
$15 batteries. It's no big deal that I have to spend $2.40 every six or nine
months for batteries for my OMs, and often get a whole year out of them. Hey,
if we're buying used bodies that are 15, 20 or 25 years old what do we
expect? Who knows who dropped that camera or kept it in the trunk of their
car 10 years ago? All my OMs that I've bought either new or nearly new have
been flawless performers. It's the 'ugly' OM-10 that'll give you trouble
every time.
These are just my opinions based on 'my' experience.

Best,
George S.