Re: [OM] OM 2s vs OM PC Program Mode

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2s vs OM PC Program Mode
From: mkuchan@xxxxxxxx (Mark Kuchan)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:30:08 -0600
I don't know about whether the program modes in the OMPC and OM2sp are "exactly"
the same, but they seem to be so, especially in TTL flash operation.

I gave my budding photographer and 14 year old daughter my OMPC (which
regrettably does have a "battery challenge") instead a second OM2sp based on a
couple of lesser known "advantages" of the OMPC. The OMPC has the auto DX mode
selector (it is perfectly concieveable that a photo newbie 14 year old might
just forget that film speed setting... just like dad has done a time or two), as
well as a film cannister window in the camera back (an option regrettably
unavailable in the pro series cameras).

I threw in a T-20 w/flash extender to eliminate red eye along with a 50mm f1.4
and she has a fully functional all-purpose OM setup offering as few
opportunities as possible to come home with bad things on the film. And, if she
somehow trashes the whole setup (again, not inconcieveable), the minimal
investment involved can be chalked up to a learning curve.

So, bottom line, I see the OMPC as the perfect camera to hook the next
generation.