Re: [OM] New Life Into an Old OM-1n

Subject: Re: [OM] New Life Into an Old OM-1n
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:32:53 EST
In a message dated 2/19/01 4:30:14 PM Central Standard Time,
Frank.Kinkead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> - CAMTECH developed the following package to "morph" my new OM-1n:
>  conversion to SR44 batteries (common to all of my other Oympus bodies), a
>  new 2 series Olympus focusing screen for brighter viewing, a new OM-4t
black
>  replacement film back (easily snaps on & fits perfectly) that sports a
nifty
>  film box top holder , and a  full overhaul to clean and adjust meter and
>  shutter speeds.
>
>  I've now got a wonderfully functioning black OM-1n with a bright screen,
>  film box holder, common batteries, accurate shutter/meter, full manual
>  function & that wonderful OM-1(n) shutter/mirror mechanism sound.

Hi Chip,
I've done the same thing with an OM 1n and also changed to a Beattie screen
when I had an OM 2n CLA'd. I really like the bright viewfinder one gets with
an OM 1 and 2 with the Beattie or Oly 2-4/13 screens. I also like your logic.
If you look hard enough, there are some bargain OM 1's and 2's to be found. A
CLA, new screen (if you like the bright screens), and you've got this
incredible tool to work with for not much cash. I like my OM 2n with Beattie
screen so much that I use it for all indoor-low light work instead of my OM
4T's.

Gary Faulkenberry