[OM] Bowens Flashmeter

Subject: [OM] Bowens Flashmeter
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:42:45 +0100
Yo y'all,

for quite a while I've been thinking that for some situations it might be
nice to have a flash meter, but the prices were always higher than the
amount I was willing to spend on an item that would probably only be used
occasionally. So when I was browsing through German eBay this noon and
happened across
http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1214536353,
the auction being just about to end, I sniped it without knowing any details
about it other than what the auction text said. DM 56.- (about $ 26.-)
seemed like an ok price for any flash meter, considering the cheapest ones
I've seen new are about 4 times as much.
Now I am wondering whether I've got myself a useful piece of equipment here,
worthy of sharing my camera bag with my precious OMs, or whether there's
some catch hiding behind the low price tag.

So if anyone here knows anything about this Bowens flashmeter, I'd be very
interested in this information.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--