Re: [OM] Oly comments in the media

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly comments in the media
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:50:24 +0100
Yo,

on Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:14:00 -0000, John Palmer wrote:

>"Without doubt, the Olympus OM system had by far the best designs for
>a close-up and macro system, with wonderful lenses and flash units,
>and then seemed to lose faith in it. I owned a complete Olympus macro
>kit but sold it when the OM2 bodies kept failing. I regretted it
>bitterly and slowly have accumulated some of their macro objectives to
>work in the home studio."

I wonder what he did to make the OM-2 bodies "keep failing" - I've always
found mine as reliable as the OM-1, and certainly more reliable than
_anything_ else, including my OM-4 (which I do not use for long time
exposures any more, as even new batteries will be exhausted far enough after
a few of them to make the shutter lock up - and no, its standby drain is not
among the worst for an old circuit board, I'd say it's average according to
what I've read about it on the list). My 2 and 2n bodies never failed to
perform exactly the way they were supposed to.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx