Re: [OM] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks

Subject: Re: [OM] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:41:42 -0700
At 12:33 PM 2/20/01 -0500, Dirk Wright wrote:
>What a gracious and caring list this is! I teach a class in Virtual
>Groups at the university, where we study group behavior in "distributed"
>or "virtual" settings (like this listserve), and I have yet to read where
>compassion was the hallmark of a virtual group--but that's certainly the
>case here.

I've found that the case on most of the email lists I have been a subscriber.
These included lists for antique cars and another for old hand tools.
Compassion seems to be the norm. In fact, if any particular list I join seems
cold, I usually unsubscribe after a short while.

That would be the reason why I uns*bscribed from the 'pure-silver' mailing list.

Garth