Re: [OM] First 350/2.8 with Zuiko 1.4XA shots...

Subject: Re: [OM] First 350/2.8 with Zuiko 1.4XA shots...
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:07:57 -0800
In a message dated 2/20/2001 bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< finally got a chance to take a peek -- nice shots!! Particularly
liked 28 -
he really likes to change the apex and utilize the rumble strips - you
even
got all the suspension deflection. Also liked the sequence 16, 17, 18 -
you
got the motion!!! Well done - keep showing us more. >>

Thank you Barry, and everyone else who replied, for your kind words.

#28 was my favorite shot of the day by far. The slide is incredible, the
scan pales in comparison. Missing that apex is a rather unusual mistake
for that driver, Roberto Moreno, especially in testing. Nothing to be
gained by hopping the rumble strip on that corner (Andretti Hairpin, aka
turn 2, at Laguna Seca). It sure looks cool though.

The detail I have seen through a loupe and in prints from the Zuiko
350/2.8 is stunning. There does not appear to be any real-world fall off
with the 1.4XA...they work together very well and I can see that I will
be using that combination a lot.

This was my first time out with an OM-4T as well. I didn't get real
creative with the spot meter, but sure love it already. I invite tips
and suggestions on using it to my advantage. So far I am looking for a
part of the track surface that is in the same light as what I am
shooting that looks to be close to 18 0ray, taking a spot reading off
that, storing it in memory and then shooting as I would with my OM-2S
(Read: AE and pretty much forget everything except keeping the shutter
speed in the range I want, focus, and composition). I think I should
start bringing along a gray card, but think that metering off the track
(assuming it is not too dark) seems to work well.

Now, if only those hand carved walking stick/monopods could be folded up
to carry like my Gitzo ;-)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com