Re: [OM] [OT] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks- Now Lists

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks- Now Lists
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:37:01 EST
I think you'd be amazed at some of the lists out "here"..I have belonged to
some great ones..I administer one for one of my occupations ( I know this
confuses many..I have two stores, side-by-side, hooked together to share the
back offices and potty- an optical shop in one and a home decor design studio
<specilaizing in window treatments: blinds, shades, shutters, and drapery> in
the other) on Quiltropolis...I have 177 designers (mosly female...only about
7 males) and we have not had one single ugly incident in 4 years..literally
not even one. ( I don't "police" them (that's usually what makes me leave a
list first..a power-hungry administrator is worse than the spats).  I used to
belong to one for antique sewing machines that was (still is) very cordial
and personal...they share a fetish much like 'Lympus Lust.

On the other hand, HomeTheater Forum (15,000 member..just too many) can be
counted on to have no less than three spats and one fistfight a week. Must be
all the anger from those R-rated movies??

We share not only the love of really fine and beautiful equipment, but an
appreciation of the beauty of the end result of using this equipment, and of
replicating the natural beauty of life, nature, and human beings. That
provides our tranquility.

Susan Steele
Virginia USA