Re: [OM] 50/3.5 macro and extension rings

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/3.5 macro and extension rings
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 01:51:58 EST

> Does Olympus have anything comparable to these extension rings which I
> could use with my 50/3.5 macro and OM4T and make it closer to a 1 : 1
> macro and still have something better than a microscopic depth of field?

I don't know anything about that other brand of camera you were talking
about.  Never heard of it.  How do you say it?....neeeckun?.....

....but take a look at the following link at the bottom of the page (like
Tom, this site is my bible too):
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/macrophotogroup/auto_extension_tu

bes.htm

It shows that you can get 1:1 with the 50mm/3.5 and 25mm extension tube
because of the extension already built into the 50mm/3.5.  As far depth of
field...well somebody else can probably answer that question for you better
than I.  However, a quick test with my 25mm tube and 50/2 macro shows a
working distance of about 6cm.  At f11, things looks like they are in focus
for about 0.5cm on either side of that.

Hope that helps!

--p.j.