Fwd: [OM] OM-2s Question

Subject: Fwd: [OM] OM-2s Question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:28:02 EST

--- Begin Message ---
Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s Question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:26:48 EST
Hi Tim,
No, you're post was not confusing, but I apparently was the confused one. I
re-read your post and it is much clearer to me now. Among other things, I had
not known that some OM lenses have a problem in setting minimum aperture in
Program mode. I also was under the assumption that the final OTF exposure
check would take care of any and all "inaccuracies", but your explanation
sets me straight.
Thanks for taking the time to explain further.

George

 HI100 writes:

  <snip>
> I also listed specific OM lenses Olympus said do not give correct overall
> exposures in PGM mode because of aperture construction (bounce etc) . This
> is a bigger deal than inaccuracy of  aperture setting which gets corrected
> by the OTF fine correction of exposure time. Olympus also said these lenses
> gave the biggest problem when it was trying to set high shutter speeds.
> This is a problem because with large lenses ( like most of those listed)
> you most often want to run high speeds to minmize handshake.
>
> Sorry if my post was confusing.

--- End Message ---