RE: [OM] The dark side

Subject: RE: [OM] The dark side
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:27:37 +1100
Ian wrote:

> Most people would associate Australia with sunshine, but you seem to
> prefer the dark.

I guess this is for a few reasons:

1. Full sunlight is pretty uninteresting, but I still use it when the need
arises.  I guess the light I like the best is just after sunset while there
is still some colour in the sky.

2. There is less "competition" with night photography, not as many people
seem interested in pursuing it.

3. It is a peaceful, quiet time to work.

4. It is the time of day when I have the most time to spare (bloody day job
!).

5. You meet some interesting people sometimes (but not many).

6. I like the "feel" of the images, sort of mysterious and a bit menacing.

7. I have the perfect camera for it - OM-2N.

8. Get's me away from the wife and kids :)

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge/