[OM] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks

Subject: [OM] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:04:51 -0500
Hi Kelton,
I too thought it was a wonderful story and hope your dad will continue
to improve.  I found the list a great place to unload when my son was
nearly killed in his helicopter crash a year and a half ago and that
didn't even have any OM content. BTW, he's still not flying but is
continuing to show improvement.  Best of luck to your dad.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

What a gracious and caring list this is! I teach a class in Virtual
Groups at the university, where we study group behavior in "distributed"
or "virtual" settings (like this listserve), and I have yet to read
where
compassion was the hallmark of a virtual group--but that's certainly the
case here. I've been the happy recipient of many well-wishing emails,
both on and off the list, in response to my recent story of "Dad's
Birthday OM." Many thanks to all, and I'll do my best to explain to dad
that he has a legion of friends in cyberspace. BTW, I talked to dad on
the phone last night and he (he!) suggested that we take some photos
together next time I'm in Riverside. This is a good sign. Thanks again
all, --Kelton