Re: [OM] new or used-what are ya buying

Subject: Re: [OM] new or used-what are ya buying
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:42:29 -0800
I have bought almost all of my gear used for the past 15 years or so. I did just
pick up a new focusing stage from B&H because I could not find one used. There
is something about opening up a new OM box and having a shiny new item in it!
You usually save a fair amount of money buying used. with new you get the joy of
owning a new item, the original manufacturer's warranty and the 'joy' of putting
in the first scratch, ding, whatever. If I had the money for a 4ti I would
consider buying a new one, just to have a new one and to support the OM line.
The joy of opening a brand new item is probably surpassed only by getting a
super 'doris' deal on a rare OM item!

Jim Couch