RE: [OM] was Multiple unconnected flash pics? now Cave Pics

Subject: RE: [OM] was Multiple unconnected flash pics? now Cave Pics
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:06:10 -0600
Last year I sold a Zuiko 21mm/3.5 to a caver who regularly did the same with
very large old flashbulbs, which he still finds on ebay on occasion.

A picture from his first outing with the 21/3.5 made it onto the cover of
'NSS News', the monthly publication of the National Speleological Society,
last summer. I never did see the picture, though.

You can see many of his other images, most with  24mm and 28mm Zuikos, at:
http://www.darklightimagery.net/caveimages.html

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx

----
About 40 years ago, as a teen ager, I had a part time as a guide in a cave
in
central Texas.  The owner was having brochures made and I got to help the
photographer do some of the pictures.  One of the methods he used was to set
his camera up and then with the lights in the cave out "paint" the areas he
wanted exposed.  He was using flash bulbs rather than strobes. little "trial
and error" to get get it right.  Bill Barber