Re: [OM] Stuck battery cover on OM2

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck battery cover on OM2
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:15:45 +0000
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:37:43 -0500, Jim wrote:

>I just picked up a bargain camera - a nice little black OM2 - which I was
>told was "locked up".  I asked the owner if he had tried new batteries and
>used the reset.  He didn't care - he picked the camera up from someone else
>and didn't want it.  As I suspected, I tripped the reset and the mirror
>returned and the shutter activated!  However, I haven't been able to get the
>battery cover off - any clues as to how to remove a stuck battery cover?

I suggest you remove the entire bottom plate by undoing the four small
crosshead screws: one at each end and the two at the tripod bush.

Then at least whatever you use (like penetrating oil or explosive :-)
will not risk harming the rest of the camera. You could even dunk the
whole cover in penetrating oil!

Good luck!

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)