Re: RE :[OM] FLASH FAILS ON AUTO MODE

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] FLASH FAILS ON AUTO MODE
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:59:42 EST
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Yup - and that extra power in the 433D doesn't hurt a bit. I just
 added a T-32 to my collection and shot a couple of games with it, and
 boy can you tell the difference between GN 32 and GN 36 when you have
 a background a couple of stops underexposed. My T-32 will go into the
 bag for a just in case flash, though, and it'll be handy for
 multi-flash setups.

Barry,
         I haven't checked the spec but would expect the 433 to actually be
lower **energy** because Sunpak uses a lot narrower reflector angle. This
concentrates the generally  smaller energy into an even smaller area with the
resultant modest increment in GN over OM. If you use Sunpaks wide adapter to
cover the same area  as the T32 the GN will be much lower.  The coverage of
the T32 is for 24mm lens, most of the Sunpak's cover only 35mm FL a large
difference in area covered.   Unfortunately OM's fresnel lens
reflector/concentrator is not as efficient as it might be although it
certainly boosts the GN for longer lenses.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes