Re: [OM] Mmmmmm1

Subject: Re: [OM] Mmmmmm1
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:57:26 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, dolphans1 wrote:

> If that many M-1 cameras where produced, it would seem that many of them
> would have survived.

I'm sure there's quite a number of them around, but remember, this is a
30+ year old camera so many (most) of them have probably died off by now.

> Considering the fact that only  50-500  350 f2.8 lenses were produced, makes
> the 350 appear that much more rarer?

I would think more than 500 350/2.8's were produced.  After all, you can
still order one from B&H if you have the cash.  Perhaps you were thinking
of the black 350/2.8.  That one is somewhat rare.

> I have heard that as little as 50 were made in the black version.

The black M-1 is very rare, and I would expect very few were ever produced.
                                        -mark