[OM] Buying from Cameta Camera, was: E-10 Cameta Camera

Subject: [OM] Buying from Cameta Camera, was: E-10 Cameta Camera
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:41:11 -0500
Warren said:
If anyone is interested in a bargain E-10 here is Cameta's latest
preview. No
connection but Cameta has always grossly exaggerated the condition of
their
equipment. It's not possible that 990f their equipment is "mint+/mint"
"mint/working perfectly" ought to place one on guard.
FWIW, I've only ever made a single purchase from Cameta which was a 28mm
f/2.8 Sigma with case in Pentax mount for my father.  I don't recall
exactly what the condition rating was but I think it was Ex+ or Mint-...
something anyhow that would indicate that it was less than perfection.
I was a bit leery but the price was right at $35.00 and I was ultimately
pleasantly surprised.  To me, the condition of both lens and case
appeared to be equivalent to new with the exception that there was no
box, papers or strap for the case.  The case, lens and caps all appeared
to be unused.  The only downside was a $9.00 shipping charge for this
small item but it did arrive very quickly and well packed.

Based on my experience I'd buy again but would be interested to know if
anyone has any actual negative experiences to relate.  A sample size of
one doesn't go very far.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA