RE: [OM] It's 7.0!!

Subject: RE: [OM] It's 7.0!!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:34:35 -0700
At 02:26 PM 2/28/01 -0800, Jim Timpe wrote:
Garth... I think you can rest at ease.  I haven't heard a thing of damage of
any consequence any further north than Seattle proper so far.  I'm sure your
wife is fine.  Phones are just kind of screwey around here right now.
Amazed my internet is still working.

It's somewhat more fault-tolerant than the phone systems (though it frequently "rides on top of" telco lines...).

Since sending my last message, my wife managed to leave me a voicemail -- the big office tower they were in has suffered no obvious damage, and she's gonna try to call me back in a half-hour or so. Still can't get through to her parents in Vancouver, though -- all I get is a "fast busy" (all the trunk lines are clogged).

<grumble>

Garth