Re: [OM] New Bloke

Subject: Re: [OM] New Bloke
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:07:38 -0500
Welcome to the family, or dysfunction junction, depending on how you look at
it.

Oily diaphragm mech in the "newer" 1.8s is common.  Sometimes the oil is
just in the back rings, other times it's in the rings and the blades.  This
calls for complete disassembly and degreasing.  Blades and mechanism should
be bone dry before rebuilding.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000