RE: [OM] New Bloke

Subject: RE: [OM] New Bloke
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:10:45 -0700
At 09:31 PM 3/1/01 -0800, Scott Gomez wrote:
Bummer! I've often wondered (and I'm sure someone here knows) if there is a
way to resurrect a lens that's got fungus.

Depends on how involved the fungus is. Slight infestations are surface only -- more serious ones start to produce an acid which etches the coating and, in severe cases, the glass itself. Nasty. I've had minor experience cleaning slight fungal "blooms," but never anything serious. I suspect once the glass is damaged, the lens element is a write-off.

Garth