Re: [OM] Chargers

Subject: Re: [OM] Chargers
From: chrisw@xxxxxxx (Chris Waigl)
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:35:21 GMT
Le Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:39:17 -0000, "John Palmer"
<john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivit:

>I've been looking for intelligent chargers that will cope with NiMHs,
>so far without success. But I was at the Focus on Imaging exhibition
>in the UK this week, and a guy had some from a German manufacturer
>called Friwo which are just starting to be distributed here. Has
>anyone had experience of these?

No, but you could try Conrad -- www.conrad.com --, a German
company who are going international at least via their site.
I have not (yet) used them personally but they have an excellent
reputation.

I do not know if they have set up their distribution to the UK
(they seem to have for France), but they do mail order (and
as you are living in an EU/EEC country, there are no import taxes),
and you can choose "Great Britain" as your country on their
site. The site is a bit obscure, though. What I did is to type
"charger" into the product search field and then to select
"Household Battery Charger NC/NiMH" in the "Found product
groups" pull down menu. The (Ansmann) Powerline 4, 5 and 6 are
quite well spoken of (I will get a 4 or 5 in the near future),
but their are other options available. You may find the Powerlines
at cheaper prices elsewhere, though, but not much cheaper.

The prices are given in Euro and DM. For a rough approximation
of the price in £, divide the DM price by 3.

--
chris waigl

     I am now prosecuting some things with an engine I formerly
     writ to you of.            (Robert Boyle, to Hardlib 1659)