Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1/M. 18V Control Grip 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1/M. 18V Control Grip 1
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:00:11 -0500
Yeah, but my question specific to the M.18 grip, is what is the effect, if any,
of using 12  1.2v bats, NiCd or NiMh for a nominal voltage of 14.4v versus 12
1.5v alkalines, disposable or otherwise producing the rated 18v?

>>> omtech@xxxxxxxxx 16:10:05 03/01/2001 >>>
My impression is that nicads will give you the highest fps.   It seems nicad
is able to recover much faster frame to frame than nimh can.  Unless they
come up with higher capacity nimh batteries, nicads are the way to go .

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000