RE: [OM] newly introduced

Subject: RE: [OM] newly introduced
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:34:12 -0800
snip
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Jackson

does that mean what ever price speaks the nicest too me? are there any
models that that prove more reliable and just better quality that any other?
thanks

snip

A VERY general rule of thumb is that single digit OMs (1,2,3,4) are more
reliable and hearty than double digit, or letter OMs (10,20,30,40, or
G,F,PC).  I don't completely subscribe to this school of thought, as I have
a 20 year old OM-G that never has skipped a beat, and have a couple recently
acquired PCs that appear to be equally stout.

OTOH, my original OM-1 has had two trips to the shop for major repairs (not
necessarily it's fault...).

I believe you can pick up a PC or G for an extremely good deal right now,
and have years of good service.  If your pockets are a tad deeper, you could
get a 2program and have even more fun.

Basically, most of this list will tell you no matter which OM you decide
upon, you won't really go wrong.

Jim