Re: [OM] (Fwd) broken rewinder - OM-2N

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) broken rewinder - OM-2N
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 14:39:28 -0600
The rewind of most OM cameras will unscrew if it's turned
counter-clockwise -- I assume that's what's happened to you.

To replace the parts, you'll have to unscrew the knob again and start
over.

First, slide the end of the rewind lever (the end with the small hole
through it) down through the opening in the rewind knob.  Then put that
small pin ("wire") through the lever and pull the lever up so the pin is
in the track on the underside of the rewind knob.  Lay the rewind lever
flat across the knob.

Turn the rewind knob upside down and place the flat spring over the
threaded post of the knob so that the "spring" side is against the
bottom of the rewind lever, not the square plate.  The round opening of
the flat spring goes around the knob on the rewind lever, and the square
plate will point away from it.

Now, holding everything together, turn the rewind knob over and screw it
onto the rewind shaft in the camera.  When it begins to get snug, flip
the rewind lever out and re-align the flat spring so that the round
opening is centered under the opening where the knob on the rewind lever
rests.  Grip the flat outside edges of the fork on the end of the rewind
shaft with some small pliars and tighten the rewind knob _clockwise_
using the extended rewind lever.  It's likely that in doing so, the flat
spring underneath will shift, which will prevent the rewind knob from
laying flat when stored.  If so, loosen the knob, re-position the flat
spring a little further over so that it will end up in the right place
when tightened.