Re: [OM]Focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM]Focusing screens
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:11:19 +0100
: So you basically gain 3 stops in viewing speed for all our lenses? In other
: words, my 135/3.5 becomes a 135/2, at least for composing? nice....ever use
: these screens in low light conditions?

These 5/6/7 screens are extremely bright. Unfortunately you can only use all
this brightness for composing - focusing can only be done on the centre spot
micro prism part. So it feels, sort of, like the limitations of Auto Focusing...

Me, I'm a fan of the 2-4 screen and lenses of F2.8 or faster for low light
conditions.

hnz