Re: [OM] life span of OM's (OM-2 observation)

Subject: Re: [OM] life span of OM's (OM-2 observation)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:53:27 -0600
FWIW -- I've observed that, with regard to OM-2 cameras (not 2n's or
2s's), those that are used at least periodically have the fewest
malfunctions overall, particularly those due to lock-ups.  John may back
me up on this, but I suspect that periodic to frequent use keeps the
main- and sub-switches (that activate the main circuit) from
"tarnishing", a problem that causes most lock-ups.  OM-2's that sit
unused almost always have bad switches.  (_Any_ OM-2 or 2n can develop
bad contacts in the _mode_ switch, but that usually results in erratic
exposures, not lock-ups.)