Re: [OM] life span of OM's (OM-2 observation)

Subject: Re: [OM] life span of OM's (OM-2 observation)
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 23:31:37 EST
<<Yes.  the old style main switch (pre 2N) can cause problems.  Firing the
shutter  (mainly the mirror going up /down) slaps this switch closed and
creates a sliding action on the contacts which may help keep them clean.
This switch should not be confused with the A-M switch on the lower ceramic
circuit which switches between auto and manual.>>

Okay, so I received a nice black OM-2 a couple weeks ago, put some batteries
in it and was getting erratic exposure times, seemed like mainly on auto but
definitely on manual, especially at first.  In the course of trying to figure
out some sort of pattern, it got better and the problem has disappeared.
Actually, as I noticed it appeared to be getting better, I put a winder on
the body and start firing away.  I suspect the camera had been sitting a
while (little leakage of the old batteries).  Do you this "exercising" did
the trick?

TIA,
--p.j.