Re: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 14:59:35 +0100
: Is it possible to tune an OM-2 meter to -1.0 stops?  I like to shoot at
: concerts and want to use the 1600 speed film.  Since the OM-2 lacks a spot
: meter, I have to set the exposure compensation dial to -1EV to fool the
: averaging meter into ignoring the black background.  (On the OM2, you can't
: set the speed to 1600 then dial in -1.)
:
: Go to manual you say?  That's not an option in concert photography with the
: OM2 since the backgrounds are completely black, meaning the OM2's analog
: black scale is completely unusable.

How about buying a (used) hand-held spot meter and switch to manual mode?
Or buy a (used) OM-2SP / OM-3 / OM-4 / OM-4Ti ?
Even an OM-40 with ESP might work.

This retuning of the OM-2 meter for -1 stop may be possible, but then you can
only use it for concerts, and specifically only for shots with dark backgrounds.
For close-ups with an artist filling the frame you probably don't want -1
correction...

hnz