Re: [OM] newly introduced

Subject: Re: [OM] newly introduced
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 09:36:10 -0600
I think almost everybody missed my point.  By 'end of life', I didn't mean
that I would stop using it, nor would very many people that are here.  Hey,
if I didn't love the stuff, would I have this much invested in it?

I do think, however, that it would be hard to argue that it is not at the
'end of its life' from Olympus' perspective.  Will I still use it? Yep.
Will I still buy it?  Yep. Am I disappointed that Olympus didn't update it
and create the OM-5/6.  Maybe with autofocus and a few more features?
Devastated, what else.

Would I recommend it to an aspiring professional photographer? Well, no.

Guess I'm a heretic.

In more ways than one <g>.

That said, I stand by my previous position of an OM-G (OM-20) as the right
starter camera.  It has manual built in (no adapter like the OM-10).  It has
fewer problems with oily magnets.  It's cheap, very cheap.

I didn't suggest that it be his long term solution, just a starter.  Heck,
who among us believes that a true OM-phile would only have the one body.  In
a perfect world, a new OM-4Ti would be a good starter camera --- and be
available for $50.  Guess that is in a parallel universe.

Tom

From: "Simon Evans" <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hey, speak for yourself ;-)
<snip>