[OM] Availability of spare parts for 21mm / lens value?

Subject: [OM] Availability of spare parts for 21mm / lens value?
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 21:44:07 +0100
hallo,

we`ve already talked about the spare-part situtaton of Olympus equipment.
My qestion refers to a 21mm F3.5 Zuiko. I´ve one which can`t be focused to the
minimum
distance. I´ve talked with a repairman. He said, that it would be repairable,
when the
focusing helicoid is still fine. But he can`t repair it, when the focusing
helicoid is damaged.
Because parts of the focusing heliciod aren`t available any more for this lens.
Does anbody know weather this is this true?

It is visible that the lens is fallen.  :-( The glass is still very fine, and
it is a nice MC sample.
Altough the position of the rear-element is angular to the  bayonet-mount, the
lens
renders very good images ( at distances >1 m).

What do you think, how serious the damage is? And what would be the chance to
get it repaired?

Frieder Faig