[OM] Fwd: [olympus-pen-rf] OM2-S For Sale

Subject: [OM] Fwd: [olympus-pen-rf] OM2-S For Sale
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 19:29:55 -0500
This was posted over on the Olympus Pen List. Anyone interested in the OM-2S & lenses? Contact him directly.

Skip

From: ndustrl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 23:07:20 -0000
Subject: [olympus-pen-rf] I'm new and...

I guess I came to the right place! A big hello to all.

I managed to acquire the following cameras (and boxes of other non
olympus cameras) from a camera collecting relative who died.

- Olympus PEN FT with the 40mm 1.4 & 100mm 3.5 lenses
- 2 Olympus PEN EE S one with an EL sticker on the front( I think the
other is also an EL but no sticker)
-1 Olympus XA with A11 flash
-1 Olympus OM-2S program with 28-2.0; 50-1.4; 135-3.5; 35-70 4.0;  a
20 flash.

I have grown very interested in half frame & miniture cameras and may
be developing a user collecting bug.

The OM-2S I would like to sell or trade (anyone interested?).

I've done the typical manual and auto 35 mm thing for a long time and
I'm getting boarded with it.  I'd like to make my shooting more
interesting and challenging with these half frame cameras and maybe a
Minox later.

The problem I have at this point is the EE S EL has a cracked piece
of glass in the viewfinder and the lens shutter seems stuck closed.
The other EE also has a stuck shutter and has been droped and has
small traces of rust in the film compartment, but fires ok.

Are the meters on these cameras accurate and are they worth fixing if
anyone still fixes them for a reasonable price.  I find the EE
cameras the most interesting.

The XA and FT may be used to trade (if using the EE series is
advisable) for more EE models or a minox (again anyone interested?).

I'd like to be able to carry 2 of these aroud for B/W and color film.

OR am I wasteing my time with the EE as a interesting, chalenging
shooter. The FT still seem to big for my taste and the XA looks to
much like a modern day point and shoot.

Advice, help and statements like "your nuts" are welcome and
encoraged.  thanks in advance.

hjm3